Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hisashi Iwakuma- Elite Starting Pitcher

One of baseball's best kept secrets is Hisashi Iwakuma.  If he was on the Yankees, Red Sox, or Phillies we'd hear a lot more about his dominance.  Instead, he's stuck in Seattle, where the weather is dreary and the team is mediocre.

Since coming over from Japan in 2012, Iwakuma has pitched brilliantly, especially in the role of starting pitcher.  The 32 year old righty has made 25 starts over the past 2 seasons with the Mariners and owns a 13-5 record covering 153.2 IP with a 2.34 ERA and 1.06 WHIP.  Those are the type of stats that will put him in elite status should he continue churning out this high level of quality.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this article and the rest of the site is also very good.


My web blog; www.linksdebatte.de

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you
continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your
writing. Cheers!

my weblog watches For Sale

Anonymous said...

Ι absolutеlу love уour ѕіtе.
. Excellent cоlors & theme. Did уou build this ωеbsіte
yοurѕelf? Please reply back as I’m trying to create my оwn peгsonal blog аnԁ woulԁ like to κnow
where you got this fгom оr what the thеmе is cаlled.
Cheегs!

Alѕο visіt my web site ... ρilаtes wοrkout (wikipeople.ru)