Saturday, April 20, 2013

Rick Ankiel- Hit or Miss & All or Nothing

Rick Ankiel is off to a very unusual start to the 2013 MLB season with the Houston Astros.  In 31 plate appearances, he's struck out 21 times.  That's worse than most pitchers when they bat...and remember he used to be a pitcher.  However, he has connected 10 times and 6 of those times a base hit was the outcome.  Of those 6 hits, 5 have gone for extra bases- 1 double and 4 homeruns.  That's the ultimate hit or miss and all or nothing hitter right there.  His batting average might only be .194, but his .806 OPS is very respectable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% positive.
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kudos

Also visit my web page: the tao of badass

Anonymous said...

Theу give tеrrіfic еlectrіc cigs with a lot еνеn fаr more advancemеnts vеrsus new manufaсtuгeг.


Also vіsіt mу webpаge: Http://derbentcity.Ru