Friday, January 06, 2012

Cubs Hit With Another Whammy

Just as Theo Epstein traded away one albatross (Carlos Zambrano) another one might be blooming. Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro has been accused of sexual assault. I hope that this matter turns out to be nothing, but it certainly is another black eye on the face of the Cubs organization.

WBBM News Radio in Chicago says an unidentified woman in her mid 20's was at a River North nightclub on September 29 last year when she met Castro. After 3 AM she went with a friend to his apartment, where she alleges the assault took place. The woman then went to a hospital the next evening. Police became involved, in the meantime Castro left for his offseason home in the Dominican Republic.

From Castro's attorney:
"We are aware of certain allegations that have been made against our client, Starlin Castro. We have thoroughly investigated this matter, and we are confident that these allegations are baseless. Given the sensitive nature of this matter, we cannot comment any further. We'll surely hear much more on this matter and will pass along updates as they come."

From the Cubs:
"We are aware that a police report was filed regarding an incident involving Starlin, but we have received limited information. While this is something we take very seriously, there is not enough information to make any further comment or take action at this time. We are hopeful when the facts are brought to light, Starlin will be cleared of any wrongdoing."

5 comments:

Beer-a-Thon said...

Will the Cubs ever win again?

Lindon said...

interesting information

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This post couldn't be written any better! Going through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I'll send this
article to him. Pretty sure he'll have a very good read. Many thanks for sharing!

My webpage - Dragon City Hack

Anonymous said...

Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!



my web blog :: Generateur de Code PSN

Anonymous said...

Great blog you've got here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours
these days. I seriously appreciate people like you!
Take care!!

My web page ... Psn Code Generator