Saturday, July 23, 2011

Woman at Work

Since this week has been relatively quiet in the baseball world, I thought I'd take the opportunity to post some drawings that I've done recently.

Though I am stuck in summer school, I have a habit of arriving two hours prior to my first class starting. This is so I can do my homework, but I often finish quickly and this leaves me with plenty of time to draw. So, armed with my phone, an internet connection, a pen, and my drawing book, I go to work.

So let the drawing dump commence, complete with links to the original photos I based my drawings on.

Carlos Quentin

The hard-hitting outfielder for my hometown Chicago White Sox, I make it known that he is my favorite player on the team. I drew this sometime prior to the All-Star Game, which he and Paul Konerko played in. But rumor has it that the Braves are seeking the services of my favorite slugger, so this pen sketch may make an encore appearance sometime in the future, depending on the outcome of the trade season.

Nomar Garciaparra

When I was in my early to mid-teens, I idolized Nomar Garciaparra. Not only was he a good player, but I got such a kick out of watching him play with his gloves and re-velcro his uniform before going up to bat and between every pitch. When Garciaparra came to play for the Cubs, I was ecstatic and even bought a Cubs t-shirt with his name on the back. Unfortunately, Garciaparra's time in Chicago marked the beginning of the end of his career as a player, as his subsequent years in baseball were marred with injuries. Garciaparra finally retired in 2008, but life after baseball has been good to him cuz he's found a career as a decent color commentator for ESPN. I still get to see one of my favorite players on TV, only behind the mike this time and not on the field.

Vladimir Guerrero

Yeah, he's still playing. I was shocked to see that he still was active, given that he's older than dirt at this point. Sheer boredom produced this image, but I regard it as one of my better works cuz in this drawing, Vlad actually looks like he swung the bat.

Albert Pujols

I admit-I don't like Albert Pujols. I think he's overrated, plus he plays for the Cardinals-a team that I never cared much for. Plus, the team is currently tied for second with the lowly Shitsburgh Pirates. With regard to Pujols, you either love him or hate his guts. Since it's been established that I don't like Pujols, why did I draw him? Well, when you're bored, you'll draw anything (or anyone) to pass the time.

And thus ends the drawing dump for Tamtam. If they look amateurish now, they'll get better with more practice.

Enjoy your weekends, everyone!



oakleyses said...

nike free, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, tory burch outlet online, coach outlet store online, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, polo ralph lauren, michael kors handbags, louis vuitton, prada outlet, ray ban outlet, burberry outlet online, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, nike outlet, chanel handbags, true religion outlet, christian louboutin shoes, red bottom shoes, gucci handbags, coach outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors outlet online, oakley vault, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, nike air max, prada handbags, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, kate spade outlet, burberry outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, christian louboutin, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

air max pas cher, hollister, longchamp pas cher, converse pas cher, ralph lauren, nike air max, air jordan, sac vanessa bruno, abercrombie and fitch, scarpe hogan, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, michael kors canada, new balance pas cher, ray ban pas cher, nike roshe, hermes pas cher, true religion outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, tn pas cher, nike free, vans pas cher, north face, nike roshe run, nike air force, nike air max, hollister, sac louis vuitton, burberry pas cher, oakley pas cher, michael kors uk, ray ban uk, mulberry uk, north face pas cher, chaussure louboutin, guess pas cher, louis vuitton, nike blazer pas cher, air max, barbour, lululemon outlet online, lacoste pas cher, timberland, longchamp, louis vuitton pas cher, true religion jeans, nike free pas cher

oakleyses said...

bottega veneta, ugg boots clearance, north face jackets, herve leger, wedding dresses, insanity workout, jimmy choo shoes, soccer jerseys, ugg outlet, mcm handbags, beats headphones, canada goose outlet, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, ghd, ugg, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, asics shoes, giuseppe zanotti, nike trainers, longchamp, soccer shoes, vans outlet, p90x workout, valentino shoes, north face jackets, mac cosmetics, mont blanc pens, nike huarache, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, replica watches, uggs on sale, celine handbags, new balance outlet, reebok shoes, canada goose outlet, nike roshe, marc jacobs outlet, ugg boots, hollister, ugg outlet, birkin bag, canada goose, lululemon outlet, ugg soldes, instyler ionic styler, nfl jerseys

oakleyses said...

iphone 6 case, timberland shoes, louis vuitton canada, nike air max, moncler outlet, toms outlet, hollister, air max, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, pandora uk, hollister canada, oakley, louboutin, converse, ralph lauren, wedding dress, ray ban, swarovski jewelry, baseball bats, parajumpers outlet, pandora jewelry, canada goose, gucci, moncler, thomas sabo uk, ugg, montre femme, canada goose pas cher, vans, uggs canada, swarovski uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, lancel, converse shoes, hollister clothing, coach outlet, links of london uk, moncler outlet, replica watches, karen millen, moncler, supra shoes, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler