Saturday, June 11, 2011

Helping Hands

By now, I'm sure you've all heard that Derek Jeter is closing in on 3000 hits. While this is an impressive feat all in itself, Jeter stands out in particular because in spite of all the Yankee greats, such as Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Mickey Mantle, not a single Yankee has had 3000 hits with the team during their careers.

With this in mind, I created this week's cartoon. Though Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Mickey Mantle were never able to reach this career milestone, I'm sure they're willing to lend a helping hand from above in order to aid a member of their team.



And maybe Mick is right-when Jeter finally gets his 3000 hits, maybe even a notorious Yankee-hater like myself can finally learn to respect him for something.

tamtam

2 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I hate the Yankees, but respect Jeter. I'll make fun of Jeter, but I respect him. He's had a helluva career.

tamtam said...

Carson, you and I think alike with regards to the Yankees and their players :)