Saturday, May 14, 2011

Missed Opportunities are a Killer

It's been a while since I've done a cartoon featuring my local team, the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Those of you who follow baseball, especially the Diamondbacks, know they've really been sucking balls these past few weeks. They've been losing series and recently got swept by the Giants.

Whats killed the Diamondbacks, or at least severely crippled them, are missed opportunities. The team has failed to capitalize on leads, opponent blunders, and especially, pitching. In the opening series with the Giants, D-backs pitcher Ian Kennedy went head-to-head against Giants pitcher "Little" Timmy Lincecum in a pitchers' duel, but the Arizona team failed to back up their pitcher's gem of a game. Instead, they've been striking out left and right, and in all honesty, I don't understand how the Diamondbacks are even in 4th place with the way they've been playing!

Missed opportunities are really a killer and that is the inspiration for this week's cartoon, courtesy of yours truly.




tamtam

2 comments:

GM-Carson said...

The D'backs just can't seem to put it together. Some games they get the pitching, but then no offense. It goes the other way too.

tamtam said...

No, they can't. My local team's performance flip-flops more than the answers of a politician on the hot seat. That is why I'm shocked to learn they're in 4th place.

On the other hand, the D-backs are doing better than my hometown White Sox. At least I have a backup team to fall back upon when my White Sox really bottom out. :/