Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Phillies are Cheaters?

Lotta bitching going on about them Phightin' Phils. Yesterday brought upon two stories that places the Phillies directly in MLB's limelight.

Story 1: The "Home" Away Game
With the G20 Summit scheduled in Toronto in June for the time the Phillies were to play an Interleague series there, the MLB decided it would be in everyone's best interest to move the games to Philly instead. Of course this has Mets fans leopard-print thongs in a wad. Now the Phils get 84 home games rather than the allotted 81, meaning disadvantage to the rest of the NL East. Yeah, sorta. However the DH will still be used and Toronto will bat last and get all the money from the gate and have the likely sellouts credited to their attendance, which will be a helluva lot more than it would have been had they played in Canada. So while Mets fans cry afoul, baseball will go about baseball as usual...which is all about the money stupid!

Story 2: Stealing Signs
MLB has issued a formal warning to the the Phillies for alleged sign stealing. During Monday's game at Colorado bullpen catcher Mick Billmeyer was caught using binoculars to "observe the Rockies catcher". Shane Victorino was also seen calling the bullpen phone from the dugout. Suspicious? Yes. Cheating? Yes. Ingenious if it actually worked? Hells Yeah!!!

2 comments:

Radu Prisacaru said...

I feel I should say, I absolutely love your website. Could tell me how I can subscribe with it. I invite you to see my post, I hope you will find interesting too.

Justin Goodwin said...

I feel I should say, I absolutely love your website. Could tell me how I can subscribe with it. I invite you to see my post, I hope you will find interesting too.