Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hardball Wars: A-Rod vs. Braden


Alex Rodriguez might be a punk-ass bitch. Dallas Braden might be a bit sensitive. Mix them together and you've got a caustic concoction. Thursday night A-Rod trotted across the mound and stepped on the rubber as he crossed over it after a foul ball. Braden proceeded to become outraged by a complete lack of respect for baseball etiquette.

The War of Words:
He should probably take a note from his captain over there and realize you don't cross the pitcher's mound in between an inning or during the game. I was just dumbfounded that he would let that slip his mind, being someone of such status. I don't care if I'm Cy Young or the 25th man on the roster, if I've got the ball in my hand and I'm on that mound, that's my mound. He ran across the pitcher's mound foot on my rubber. No, not happening. We're not the door mat anymore.
~Dallas Braden

"He just told me to get off his mound. I was a little surprised. I'd never quite heard that. Especially from a guy that has a handful of wins in his career. I thought it was pretty funny actually.
~Alex Rodriguez

Gotta side with Braden on this one. The pitcher's mound is for the pitcher. What would A-Rod have done if Braden decided to take a stroll through the batter's box? A-Rod's cockiness in his response to Braden shows he's just a high-priced asshole. I hope he finds it funny when Braden plants one in his earhole next time the two of them face each other, because I know I will.
__________________________________________

Open Your Eyes!
*Baseball Musings thinks the wake-up call to Big Papi worked.

*Bootlegger Sports says the Pittsburgh Steelers are apparently interested in losing and cockblocking.

*No Guts, No Glory has story on NBA coach Stan Van Gundy not buying into Michael Jordan being the greatest of all-time. He's obviously retarded.

*Sportress of Blogitude sheds light on Lawrence Taylor's draft night back in 1981. I knew he liked the nose candy, but 41 Coors Light...damn, that's like 3 regular beers. Oh wait, that's not very impressive at all, it would just make you have to piss a lot.

*We Should Be GMs attempts to dispel the "unlucky" excuse for Cole Hamels shittiness.


Social Distortion- Bad Luck

4 comments:

Burton said...

"...especially from a guy that has a handful of wins in his career" What the fuck asshole? So if it was somebody like Randy Johnson A-Rod would be more respectful? What a prick. At least the wins Braden has weren't artifically enhanced.

tamtam said...

Speaking of A-Rod...

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b84f69e201127970d65228a4-pi

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b84f69e2011278dd83ef28a4-pi

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b84f69e201116855d9a5970c-pi

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b84f69e2010536d63f12970c-pi

GM-Carson said...

It should be mentioned that A-Rod was choking on a cock during that interview.

Burton said...

Oooohhh...that makes sense.