Saturday, January 09, 2010

Congrats to Andre Dawson

Here at More Hardball, we the staff would like to extend our congratulations to Andre Dawson on getting elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Being a native Chicagoan, I would like to see him go in as a Cub, although technically it's the Hall that makes that decision. I would have written about this yesterday when the news broke but I was on a plane all day, traveling in the middle of a snowstorm, and could not do it (I arrived safely and in 1 piece, though).

Although I am too young to ever have seen him play (his playing days extended from 1976-1996, with 1987 being his peak year as a member of the lowly Chicago Cubs), most of the staff actually DOES remember this guy, so therefore, this nomination is worth mentioning.

And in other news, Robbie Alomar, who is also eligible for the Hall, is blaming his failure to get in on that ump he spat on in 1996.

And how was your week?

tamtam

3 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Andre Dawson was a Hardball Hero for being a great player that wasn't in he Hall of Fame, but now with his election he may have to be stripped of his Hardball Hero tag because he no longer fits the criteria.

Burton said...

Congrats to Dawson for the HOF! It is a shame that he must be stripped of the prestigious honor we bestowed upon him.

tamtam said...

Indeed it is. I guess then it's probably a good thing that I'm a yung'un cuz I wasn't around to see him play, and therefore the emotional attachment is less intense :P