Thursday, August 06, 2009

Wyatt Toregas

At More Hardball, we like to keep an eye out for new and talented players. Earlier this week, the Cleveland Indians pulled 26 year old catcher Wyatt Toregas up from the Columbus Clippers where he earned a .284 batting average and batted in 29 RBI's. Toregas made his Major League debut on August 1, where he received his first (and currently only) hit.
So why are we bothering to mention him? Simply put, he has the best last name, especially for the position he plays. It appeals to the 10 year-old in me, and I can't help but make fun of it. I feel sorry for the plate umpire, but, I suppose Toregas would bring a whole new dimension to the term 'PU.' I wonder how many times he'll call for sliders? He may as well be Wyatt Breakwind, or Wyatt Rippedone, Wyatt Assmusic, Wyatt Asstrumpet, Wyatt Arseblast, Wyatt Beanbomb, Wyatt Brownmist, Wyatt Buttbark, Wyatt Cheeksqueak, Wyatt Colonblow, Wyatt Fannybubble, Wyatt Fecalcloud, Wyatt Laughingass, Wyatt Morningthunder, Wyatt Netherbelch, Wyatt Pantspuffer, Wyatt Rectalroar, Wyatt Shitfumes, Wyatt Taintduster, or Wyatt Trousercough. Good luck in the Majors, Wyatt! And may you bring us laughs for many years to come.

Uncle Pullfinger - Who Cut the Cheese?

9 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Undeniable truth in life- farts are funny!

Burton said...

I consider myself fairly enlightened, but fart jokes still get me. I suppose I'll never grow up.

GM-Carson said...

Nice, I've got Troegs and you've got Flying Dog. Beer!!!

Burton said...

It's all about the beer! I am jonesing for a Troegenator, though.

Cleveland Indians said...

OKkkk...I don't find it fuunnnyy:|

GM-Carson said...

Well, I'm sorry that you don't. But, c'mon, Tore-Gas.

tamtam said...

you can never outgrow potty humor! i crack up when i hear farts (or other bathroom-related jokes) too!

Anonymous said...

It's pronounced Tor-ay-gus. Give the guy a break.

GM-Carson said...

Never!