Thursday, June 25, 2009

Daily Affirmations - With Don Mattingly

Announcer: And now "Daily Affirmations with Don Mattingly." Don Mattingly is a hitting coach for the Los Angeles Dodgers, a caring nurturer, but not a licensed therapist.
Mattingly: I'm going to do a terrific show today! And I'm gonna help people! Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me! Hello, I'm Don Mattingly. I used to be a professional baseball player, but I'm likely never to get into the Hall of Fame, and that's o-kay. I have to give myself permission to accept my shortcomings. Today, my guest is someone who undeniably deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, Manny R., I'll protect your anonymity. Now Manny, you're about to come off a suspension from play because of illegal use of performance enhancing drugs.
Manny: Well, Don, that's partially true. See, I was sick, and the doctors prescribed some medications that had this illegal substance in it. I didn't know.
Mattingly: Now Manny, denial ain't just a river in Egypt. I know there must be a lot of pressure for you to play very well, and I can imagine that the night before a game, you must lie awake thinking, "I'm not good enough.. everybody's better than me.. I'm not going to hit any home runs.. I have no business playing this game.."
Manny: You're so right, Don. I gotta keep slugging the ball, you know, everybody expects it of me.
Mattingly: So you cheated. It's okay Manny, you can say it.
Manny: Yeah, I cheated.
Mattingly: It's okay, I'm still a big fan. I love the way you play the game. I don't think it should hurt your Hall of Fame chances either, you've been putting up numbers for way too long. I'm not going to use it as a way to measure your whole career. And Manny, neither are your true fans.
Manny: Thanks, I didn't know you felt that way.
Mattingly: And Manny, I don't feel any bitterness toward the fact that you did cheat, and will get into the Hall of Fame before me. I know I'll die homeless and penniless, and twenty pounds overweight, and no one will ever love me...Wait now, I need to stop, that's just stinkin' thinkin'. Now Manny, let me replace those negative thoughts of your inadequacy with something positive - an affirmation.
Manny: Affirmation?
Mattingly: Yes, now don't look at me, look in the mirror. Only you can help you. Now say "Hello, Manny."
Manny: Hello Manny.
Mattingly: "I don't have to be a great baseball player."
Manny: I don't have to be a great baseball player.
Mattingly: "I don't have to hit the ball hard, or be a star outfielder."
Manny: I don't have to hit the ball hard, or be a star outfielder.
Mattingly: "All I have to do is be the best Manny I can be."
Manny: All I have to do is be the best Manny I can be.
Mattingly: "Because I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggonit, people like me!"
Manny: Because I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggonit, people like me! Wow, thanks, Don! I feel great!
Mattingly: You see! That is the power of positive thinking! It makes all the wrongs in the world seem right! Now go back out there and earn your spot in the Hall of Fame! Wow! This was a terrific show, and you know what? I deserve it because I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggonit, people like me!


Savage Garden - Affirmation

13 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Thanks, now I need to go take a shower and wash the gay off of me.

Anonymous said...

A daily occurrence, I assume.

Burton said...

You're just jealous you don't get to wash the gay off of him, you big 'mo.

tamtam said...

you two fight like girls!

Burton said...

He started it.

GM-Carson said...

And I'll finish it!

tamtam said...

i feel like your mother(s)! "stop it you two, or else NO ONE gets dessert!"

Burton said...

Sorry Mom...

karim said...

Very Good post on Daily affirmations.

Thanks,
karim - Positive thinking

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, nike air max, jordan shoes, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors handbags, nike outlet, red bottom shoes, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, christian louboutin, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet, coach purses, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet store, chanel handbags, ray ban outlet, longchamp outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, tory burch outlet online, louis vuitton handbags, kate spade outlet online, kate spade outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, coach outlet, oakley vault, true religion, longchamp outlet

oakleyses said...

sac louis vuitton, michael kors uk, air jordan, nike air max, mulberry, michael kors canada, nike roshe run, louis vuitton, ralph lauren, guess pas cher, true religion outlet, oakley pas cher, nike free, chaussure louboutin, sac michael kors, nike air force, converse pas cher, longchamp, tn pas cher, scarpe hogan, ray ban pas cher, nike roshe, abercrombie and fitch, hollister, nike air max, north face, sac vanessa bruno, hermes pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, ray ban uk, louis vuitton uk, north face pas cher, hollister, lululemon, air max pas cher, louis vuitton pas cher, burberry pas cher, new balance pas cher, barbour, timberland, vans pas cher, nike free pas cher, air max, longchamp pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher

oakleyses said...

nike roshe, asics shoes, celine handbags, ugg outlet, canada goose outlet, birkin bag, marc jacobs outlet, bottega veneta, ugg boots, mcm handbags, uggs outlet, nfl jerseys, mont blanc pens, instyler ionic styler, north face jackets, replica watches, abercrombie and fitch, ugg soldes, ugg boots clearance, beats headphones, babyliss, p90x workout, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, uggs on sale, ferragamo shoes, giuseppe zanotti, nike huarache, valentino shoes, ghd, jimmy choo shoes, ugg, lululemon outlet, chi flat iron, north face jackets, herve leger, hollister, insanity workout, soccer shoes, canada goose, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, vans outlet, longchamp, soccer jerseys, new balance outlet, nike trainers, canada goose outlet, mac cosmetics

oakleyses said...

juicy couture outlet, montre femme, thomas sabo uk, louis vuitton canada, air max, moncler, moncler, iphone 6 case, canada goose, parajumpers outlet, juicy couture outlet, converse, uggs canada, swarovski uk, timberland shoes, replica watches, nike air max, moncler, converse shoes, gucci, ray ban, hollister, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, vans, swarovski jewelry, lancel, canada goose pas cher, toms outlet, oakley, canada goose, moncler, moncler outlet, supra shoes, moncler outlet, karen millen, pandora uk, hollister canada, canada goose, moncler, wedding dress, coach outlet, baseball bats, links of london uk, hollister clothing, louboutin, pandora charms, ugg