Wednesday, May 13, 2009

MLB Workhorses of the 2000's


By now anyone with a pulse has heard of the phenomenon known to common man as Zack Greinke. Greinke has a sparkling record of 6-1 through 7 starts with 53 innings pitched and a minuscule 0.51 era. He’s reminding analysts of throwback pitchers from decades past, averaging 7.6 innings pitched per start with 4 complete games. He’s on pace to log more than 250 innings this season, which doesn’t happen a lot in the modern game of baseball due to overly protective pitch counts and specialty pitchers like lefties, setup men, and closers.

Greinke isn’t the only workhorse through the first month or so of the season, as Kevin Millwood, Roy Halladay, Josh Johnson, and Dan Haren are all averaging 7 or more innings per start. None of them crack the Top 10 in innings pitched for this decade though.

(Stats through 5/11/09, Innings/Record)
Top 10 Workhorse of the 2000’s:
1. Livan Hernandez-
2051.1 ip, 123-113
2. Javier Vazquez-
1990 ip, 116-109
3. Greg Maddux-
1942.2 ip, 134-101
4. Mark Buehrle-
1885.2 ip, 127-87
5. Tim Hudson-
1881 ip, 135-75
6. Jamie Moyer-
1849.1 ip, 120-86
7. Barry Zito-
1842.1 ip, 124-95
8. Jeff Suppan-
1841 ip, 110-101
9. Randy Johnson-
1826 ip, 138-67
10. Mike Mussina-
1790.2 ip, 134-87

Honorable Mentions- CC Sabathia, Roy Halladay, Johan Santana, Derek Lowe, Roy Oswalt, Andy Pettitte, John Garland, Kenny Rogers, Curt Schilling, Tom Glavine, and Bartolo Colon.
_________________________________________________

4 My Peeps:
*Rumors & Rants wonders what if Dusty Baker was in left field in place of Moises Alou in the ill-fated Steve Bartman playoff game.

*Major League Jerk writes- Unfortunately Schadenfreude Goes Both Ways.

*No Guts, No Glory has the inside scoop on Mark Cuban's apology to Kenyon Martin's mother.

*Not only is Manny Ramirez taking medicine made for people with a vagina, it seems that now that the Dodgers organization wants to cater to the female persuasion...WTF?!


Strife- Blistered

16 comments:

Burton said...

Curt Shilling murdered the Braves in just about every post season playoff game back in the early 90's. That guy was a beast.

GM-Carson said...

Schilling is one of the best postseason pitchers ever. The "bloody sock" game was epic.

tamtam said...

livan hernandez? some workhorse he is-he cant even keep the ball in the park!!

Anonymous said...

Very soon this web page will be famous amid all blogging and site-building users, due to it's pleasant articles

My homepage ... free online slots machines

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i am glad to exhibit that I've a very just right uncanny feeling
I came upon exactly what I needed. I most unquestionably
will make sure to don?t fail to remember this web site and give it a look on a relentless basis.


My blog online jobs for students

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

Did you design this website yourself or did you
hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. cheers

Feel free to visit my webpage - best binary options broker

Anonymous said...

Undeniably imagine that that you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the
easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed at the same time as
other folks think about concerns that they just don't recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the entire thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

Also visit my web site - work at home online jobs
My webpage: online jobs home

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.

The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue
solved soon. Thanks

my blog post jack

Anonymous said...

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I seriously
like your technique of blogging. I saved it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back in the near future.
Take a look at my website too and let me know what you
think.

Check out my web blog ... play games on mobile phone

Anonymous said...

I have read so many posts about the blogger lovers however this article is actually a fastidious paragraph, keep it up.


Feel free to surf to my web blog best buy job application online

Anonymous said...

It's very effortless to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this post at this site.

Also visit my homepage; how to get a job

Anonymous said...

This is a very good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere.
Short but very accurate information… Thank you for sharing
this one. A must read post!

Here is my site; old navy online job application
my site :: online job search engine

Anonymous said...

Just want to say your article is as surprising.

The clarity on your publish is simply great and i could assume you're an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to clutch your RSS feed to keep updated with imminent post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please keep up the enjoyable work.

Feel free to visit my blog post ... binary options signals

Anonymous said...

I relish, result in I discovered exactly what I used to be
looking for. You have ended my four day long hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

my website - practice forex trading

Anonymous said...

thanks ar ar condicionado automotivo, de, ar condicionado automotivo ar,ar condicionado automotivo, ar condicionado automotivo, -,ar condicionado automotivo,- ar condicionado automotivo, carro ar ar de carro, de ar
thanks ar ar condicionado automotivo, de, ar condicionado automotivo ar,ar condicionado automotivo, ar condicionado automotivo, -,ar condicionado automotivo,- ar condicionado automotivo, carro ar ar de carro, de ar
thanks ar ar condicionado automotivo, de, ar condicionado automotivo ar,ar condicionado automotivo, ar condicionado automotivo, -,ar condicionado automotivo,- ar condicionado automotivo, carro ar ar de carro, de ar
thanks ar ar condicionado automotivo, de, ar condicionado automotivo ar,ar condicionado automotivo, ar condicionado automotivo, -,ar condicionado automotivo,- ar condicionado automotivo, carro ar ar de carro, de ar
thanks ar ar condicionado automotivo, de, ar condicionado automotivo ar,ar condicionado automotivo, ar condicionado automotivo, -,ar condicionado automotivo,- ar condicionado automotivo, carro ar ar de carro, de ar

Anonymous said...

thanks ar ar condicionado automotivo, de, ar condicionado automotivo ar,ar condicionado automotivo, ar condicionado automotivo, -,ar condicionado automotivo,- ar condicionado automotivo, carro ar ar de carro, de ar