Thursday, April 09, 2009

Crackin' on Cleveland and Minnesota

More Hardball is pleased to present another instalment of fun with names. Today, the focus on the Indians and the Twins.

Cleveland Indians
Relief pitcher Kerry Wood is the exact opposite of his name. He is not a block of wood, instead he is a powerful closer with a 92+ mph fastball and a solid slider. Southpaw Aaron Laffey's pitch is nothing to laugh at, however, he seems to have lost his confidence last season. Outfielder Trevor Crowe is the unknown as he has not yet played in a regular season MLB game. He, like "The Crow," is currently a mystery.



Minnesota Twins
Starting pitcher Kevin Slowey's name does not quite match his playing ability. However, he does have a smooth and deliberate delivery, but a deceptive fastball. Another Twins' starter, Scott Baker can whip up and deliver almost any pitch. Chef Baker can serve up a 87-91 mph fastball, a wicked slider, curveball, and changeup.

A .294 batting average and a .819 OPS are sturdy numbers; Span has proven to be a reliable batter and capable outfielder. Former Seattle Pitcher, R. A. (for Ruffled Assed) Dickey is best known for his knuckleballs and killer outfits. Delmon Young rounds out this romp through the rosters rooting for rousing rubrics. Young is indeed young. His fielding abilities need refinement, and he has the tendency to drool.



Speaking of taking things too literally...

A literal rendition of A-Ha's Take On Me "Super 80's" video.

10 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Dammit, I will now be belting out "Take On Me" all day long. Expect I'm not familiar with those lyrics, have to give it a few more views I suppose.

Burton said...

My younger sister showed me that video, I nearly pissed myself laughing. 80's videos were so lame.

GM-Carson said...

You might want to see a doctor about that urinary control problem you're having.

Mr. A-Hole said...

I wish a player had the last name vagina, tits, or something provocative like that. I want nudity!

GM-Carson said...

Mr. A-Hole: you were probably disappointed then by the lack of male genitalia for the R.A. DICKey card.

tamtam said...

hey mr. a-hole:

won't you accept 'wood' for your daily fill of nudity?

chilipepper743 said...

Slowey and Young are my favorites! And, props to me for showing you that video! ;)

GM-Carson said...

Oh goodness, I'll have to get my sister to read the blog now and comment, because now I'm jealous.

Burton said...

Hey sis! Welcome to the blog!

chilipepper743 said...

Haha, hi! I love this site, so of course I have to comment!