The seventh inning stretch is a tradition that goes back to the 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings. It gives fans the opportunity to stand up and move around a bit, work some muscles that may have gotten a little stiff, drop some friends off by the porcelain pool, grab a final beer or three, sing some songs, and generally do something other than watch a baseball game. Today, we invoke this pastime as there are several things we need to attend to in our non-baseball blogging lives. We hope our readers understand and will join us again tomorrow when we will return with new posts.
Meanwhile, check these out:
* Speaking of stiff muscles, Sharapova's Thigh finds that laughter can cure anything, even a shitty score.
* In other World Baseball Classic News, 3:10 to Joba discusses the Dutch problem.
* Awful Announcing examines NFL star Warren Sapp's attempts at humor during the roast of Larry the Cable Guy (video clips have strong 'language.')
* GM-Carson has Phun with photos over at We Should Be GMs.
* Loyal reader tamtam has a solid site dedicated to the Chicago White Sox.
It has been a rough week, thanks to our regular readers, you make it all worth while!
The Beatles - "With a Little Help from My Friends"
Tomorrow is finally Friday!