Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Self Love

In the upcoming issue of Details Magazine, Alex Rodriguez is photographed making out with...HIMSELF! You can't make this stuff up! This is the ultimate act of narcissism, short of taping a picture of himself onto a blow up party doll, or sheep, or whatever he finds attractive. Perhaps these over-indulgence are the effects of too much testosterone seething in his system. Regardless of the reason, the star is depicted getting his rocks off on his reflection and that is just plain weird.
Also surreal is the fact that in the accompanying interview, Rodriguez refuses to name his favorite Madonna tune, claiming he didn't want stadiums to play it every time he stepped to the plate. It is a shame Madonna did not write "I Touch Myself." However, based on these pictures, I have a few suggestions:

"Beautiful Stranger"


"Look of Love"


"Forbidden Love"


"Physical Attraction"


Poor A-Rod has a reputation of not being easy to get along with. At least he has someone other than the Material Girl to hold himself at night...

12 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I was wondering what video of "self love" you'd use for today. I thought you might go with Cyndi Lauper's "She-Bop", or "I think I'm turning Japanese", but this was a good choice too.

Burton said...

I really wanted Robert Schimmel's "I'm so good in bed" but it is not out there on the net in it's entire form. I thought about 'turning Japanese' too.

LONG DRIVE: A PHILLIES BLOG said...

Those are some of the creepiest pictures I have ever seen. He is a fucking joke at this point. Does a lot of money make most people's better judgement disappear?

GM-Carson said...

A-Rod is a total douche now.

tamtam said...

alex has officially hit rock bottom. no self-respecting man would partake in such a scandelous photoshoot!

but as a woman, i have to say that my favorite gay-rod pic is the 'look of love'. that one may one day find its way onto my computer as wallpaper :D

Burton said...

tam-tam, I consider myself to be somewhat gifted in word play, and "gay-Rod" never crossed my mind. Simple genious.

GM-Carson said...

Dammit, Gay-Rod seems so obvious, yet I too never had it cross my mind. I'm slipping. Think I need to go watch some Beavis & Butthead.

sarah-bug said...

Hey now. No need to drag Billy Idol into this. What has he ever done to you?

Besides which, Catch my Fall is a better video.

Burton said...

Idol, nothing. He wrote a song appropriate for the theme.

tamtam said...

@ burton and gm-carson:

someone 'the sports hernia'-another blog i frequent and comment on-used the word 'gay-rod' to describe alex's fall-from-grace photoshoot. i was merely passing it along :)

GM-Carson said...

Personally I don't like making gay jokes or for that matter anything else that may be considered offensive or derogatory.


hahahahaha, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Burton said...

I almost believed that...NOT!