Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Touring the Museum of Baseball Oddities

It takes a lot to create a post. From the genesis to the fomentation of the idea, there is a lot of research involved, and a lot of searching for the perfect picture to use or alter. Every now and then, along my tripping through the Information Super Highway, I stumble across pictures that need no altering, or whose images often need no explanation. I have compiled some of the most random pictures I have found so far. Welcome to the Museum of Baseball Oddities...

Exhibit 1
~Jeff Bagwell's Stance~ Squatting Astro, Hidden Cannon

Does he plan on spanning the San Francisco Bay? I could sling a hammock between his knees! Seeing this picture, I am reminded of the famous cartoon of Cecil Rhodes (of British colonial fame) straddling Africa. I suppose this stance helped the former Astro's slugger's bag breathe well.

Exhibit 2
~Balls in Face~ A Gallery of Goofs





Exhibit 3

~The Obligatory Groin Shots~



Exhibit 4

~Gallery of Love~


"Cardinal Sins"
As GM-Carson said earlier, I have no problem with the athlete ass grab. But this is a little much. Is this the new greeting for major leagueres? "Hey man, how's it hangin'...Oh yeah, right there baby!" Is it the jock-equivalent of dogs sniffing asses? Having never been an athlete, I suppose I'll never understand that kind of male camaraderie.

"Chicago White Sex...er, Sox"


Everyone has seen this picture, but it never loses its humor. It appeals to the 13-year-old eighth grader and the 21 year old college student in me. Who am I kidding, even at 29, this shit is still funny (I am that immature). It provides one of those rare instances where there is just too much that can be said, and not enough time...




Taylor Swift- Picture to Burn

9 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Balls to the face on a Tuesday morning...nice.

Burton said...

There's nothing like seeing someone else get hit in the nuts to realize that maybe your days isn't so bad afterall.

GM-Carson said...

I can't remember the last time I got seriously hit in the nuts. Probably playing football.

Burton said...

I can...and it hurt so bad it is burned into my muscle memory. In fact, thinking about it now is causing me pain! Oww, my nads!

GM-Carson said...

I actually always hated purple nerples more than a shot to the crotchticular area. My nips are very sensitive!

FatGirl said...

I may not be able to feel your "ball" pain, but I just heard this morning its equivalent to being hit in the boob, so I'll sympathize.

Burton said...

Hmmm...really? Not nearly as many nerve endings in the areola as in the scrotum. But I still imagine it is very painful.

IRONPIGPEN said...

Very nice photographic exhibit...I do not need to know what was going on with the Cardinal guys.

GM-Carson said...

St. Louis is one big "happy" family I suppose.