Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Team Can Beat Yours

Spring training officially begins tomorrow, albeit only pitchers and catchers reporting. Even with teams gearing up for the regular season there are still plenty of options on the free agent market for teams looking to fill a void, create competition, or build depth. I decided to give some of these lonesome hobos a job and assemble my own ensemble. That's right, I'm starting an expansion franchise named the Salt Lake Serpents (ironic?). My infield is a bit weak, but my outfield has a good mix of speed and pop. In the rotation I've got some innings eaters, and in the bullpen I've got many has-beens. Some are old and brittle, many are long past primes, but they're just the type of crusty veterans I'm looking for...did I mention my payroll is only $35 million?

Salt Lake Serpents 25-man roster:
Starting Lineup:
RF- Kenny Lofton
LF- Shannon Stewart
1B- Shawn Green (also backup outfielder)
DH- Sammy Sosa (also backup outfielder)
C- Mike Piazza
CF- Corey Patterson
3B- Tony Graffinino
SS- Royce Clayton
2B- Jerry Hairston Jr.



Bench:
Greg Norton (corner infield and outfield), Neifi Perez (infield), Damian Miller (catcher), and Russel Branyan (corner outfield and infield)





Rotation:
Kyle Lohse, Josh Fogg, Jeff Weaver, Bartolo Colon, and Odalis Perez (lefty influence)








Bullpen:
Bob Wickman as closer, Armando Benitez, Shawn Chacon, Antonio Alfonseca, swingman Byung-Hyun Kim, and lefties Ron Villone and Mike Myers

Think I can challenge the Orioles or Pirates?

3 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Seems that Greg Norton has been snatched up Seattle...guess I'll have to go with Trot Nixon on the bench now.

Sean said...

They both suck.

GM-Carson said...

Hey man, there's not a lot to work with out there talent-wise.