Friday, September 15, 2006

Pop Goes the Weasel


Peter Gammons is supposedly a baseball genius. I tend to be a skeptic by nature. Baseball Tonight on ESPN could have been a half hour show, but his endless stuttering created a time crunch, so they went to a full hour. This season ESPN tried using him as an in-game analyst...once again st-st-stuttering and the poor man wasn't allotted enough time to get his point across. Now I know I shouldn't make fun of Gammons because of the whole brain aneurysm thing...but I thought he was a doof before that. Reasons why Gammons is a dip-wad: 1. He called the Yankees signing of Octavio Dotel the best offseason free agent lockup (11.37 ERA, 2.84 WHIP, only 6.1 IP) . 2. He predicted Bobby Crosby to be the '06 AL MVP (.229 avg, .636 OPS, always hurt). 3. He slob-knobs the BoSox...disgusting.

~Carson

P.S. Gammons does have a saving grace...his decent taste in music. He loves to rock out with his c**k out!

12 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I should cut Peter Gammons some slack, he is after all a Dropkick Murphys fan...rock!

BenJah said...

wow, i'm usually right there w/ you, but i can't support peter gammons busting. ok, so he had a bad year (in more ways than one) but the only problem i have w/ him is the boston thing....eeyyuucch. the guy you should be slamming is jayson stark. that guy is such a fairy fuck wad he makes david bell look like clint eastwood in dirty harry

BenJah said...

sorry, i just really f#%&@!* hate boston. im glad i got to go to one of the games at the cit and heckle them. i also pissed off a lot of their fans w/ my "boston sucks" t-shirt. f&%$ those f@!#$&% f&!#s

GM-Carson said...

benjah- I actually like Gammons somewhat...I was just having fun with the post. I like Jayson Stark too. What's wrong with him? He's a Philly guy.

GM-Carson said...

I did this post not-knowing Peter Gammons was making his return to ESPN on Wednesday...I should just say that I meant to do it.

BenJah said...

it may be only one example, but: jayson stark said earlier this year that clemens was wronged by houston management for not trading him, and that it was a travesty. how much more retarded can you get?? 'don't answer that, charlie m!' there are dozens more over the years. frank rizzo was also a philly guy..

GM-Carson said...

I like Stark because of his ESPN column "Useless Information"...it's the type of stuff I love about baseball. All the weird stats and happenings. Plus I had a dream that I went fishing with him on the river one time and we talked baseball the entire time...weird dream, but cool.

BenJah said...

ok i'll relent, if only a little. 'useless info' is cool, even if the author the least useful part of that column, and showing up in your dream is super cool. i had one about kurt kobain about a month after he died. we met in a burger king and were wearing the same shorts (flouresent yellow w/ a red stripe on one side and a blue stripe on the other).

GM-Carson said...

those are some f'd up shorts you were wearin' bentz!

BenJah said...

they were cool in the dream! (not bentz)

GM-Carson said...

my bad benjah...those shorts sound like "Jamz"...I rocked those in the 80's bro!

GM-Carson said...

Update- Crosby-"Stills & Nash" still on the DL and Dotel still sucks!