Friday, August 04, 2006

$The Rich get Richer$


Actually, the title should read: the richest get even more filthy rich! And who am I talking about? None other than that hated franchise known as the New York Yankees. Seriously, another trade deadline has come and passed, and the Yanks got exactly what they wanted. What about the Devil Rays, I'm sure they would have like Roy Oswalt. Or what about the Pirates, I'm sure they would have gladly given shelter to A-Rod. But here I am bitching about the Yanks getting even stronger and more expensive. Their payroll to start the season was somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 million...wow! Now add Abreu, Lidle, and Craig Wilson on to that figure. Not to mention other marginal players they've added to the roster during the course of the year (Guiel and Fasano) or just straight up released (Aaron Small). Oh yeah, don't forget all the bonuses for making the all-star team, winning undeserved gold gloves, finishing high in the balloting for league honors, and reaching certain performance levels...totally fricken outrageous!

~Carson

3 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Did you know that....I hate the Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindy Rothe said...

Did you know that....I hate the Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bellsefx said...

Did you know that....I hate the Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!