Monday, August 21, 2006

Blisters


I am way past high school. I'm done with college. Hell, I've even finished up my required grad classes, but I'm still addicted to video games! My love affair started back in the mid-80's with old school Nintendo, that was merely puppy love. When I got pissed off one day and broke the controller and slammed the game console, it was time to move on to Sega. I worshipped Sega for a few years then technology made graphics better in the form of Playstation. Playstation was a quick fix until my current blister maker Playstation 2 arrived on the scene. Now, I don't have the money to be buying PS3 when it comes out, but God knows I'll be tempted, and my PS2 will start to get the hint that my eyes are wandering to something more enticing. Sports games continue to get more and more realistic. Baseball games used to be so simple back in the day, now it's practically like managing a real team when playing.

*Does anybody else play their gaming system to the point that they get blisters?

~Carson

4 comments:

BenJah said...

i've been playing the 989/mlb series since 1998 so much my couch cusions are flat like matzah. most recently i played mlb2006 as a phillies franchise. i finished 3 and a half seasons worth (162 games) and won the world series each time.....all in the last 13 months!!! i also enjoy college football games and racing games. i guess i have only myself to blame, but like you, i was hooked really early.

GM-Carson said...

Madden is my mortal enemy. I must refrain from buying it until Christmas break because I get too caught up in it and forget to do daily chores...craziness!

Whelkman said...

I used to play TIE Fighter on a mildly uncomfortable joystick (the only one that lasted longer than a week). Not only did I develop calluses, but my left thumb, which supported the joystick underside, went numb by the end of a playing session.

GM-Carson said...

my latest addiction- Tiger Woods golf...damn it's good!