Saturday, August 19, 2006

Beam me up Scotty!


I want to take this moment to point out how absolutely bonkers a player is hitting. And it's all happening under the radar. Outfielder Luke Scott of the Houston Astros is an astounding 43-100 on the season. For you math geniuses out there, that's a Splendid Splinter like .430 batting average. His OPS is an ultra-impressive 1.181 as well. I for one would love to see him keep this up through the end of the season, because although he would not have enough at bats to be eligible for the batting crown, it would be amazing nonetheless! *Tip of the cap to Luke Scott!

~Carson

5 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Unplanned- Posted this "Beam me up Scotty" and Comedy Central had a William Shatner Roast on Sunday night...perfect timing!

GM-Carson said...

Also unplanned- Scott hasn't gotten a hit since this post...yikes! Average now at .405...come on bro!

Whelkman said...

Damn! I missed the roast!

GM-Carson said...

Whelk- don't worry Comedy Central repeats things over and over and over again. I'm sure it'll be on at least 20 more times within the next week.

GM-Carson said...

Update: August 25- Luke Scott now batting .407 (48-118)